You may have a question in your mind about how long does a laptop battery lasts while you are purchasing a new laptop? Don’t you?
The answer is yes because we all have this question in our minds. We can’t merely rely on seller arguments as he will say a lot while making a sale. Like this laptop’s battery is excellent and will last for a more extended period, or it can work for more than 20 hours.
Will you accept that?
Of course not.
How Long Does A Laptop Battery Last
So, what is the exact answer then?
Well, don’t panic because this article is all about answering this. The answer to the question of how long does a laptop battery lasts can be in two ways. Like,
- The average battery timing of a laptop while the screen is on
- And for how much time my laptop battery will last until I have to replace it?
I think I have grabbed up your mind. Isn’t it?
If it’s true, then let’s explore both options and make you aware of them so that the next time, buying or using a laptop must be easy for you.
The average battery timing of a laptop while the screen is on:
If the screen is on and you are working on your laptop without knowing when it will turn off, what will you do? What if it’s like finishing a project while sitting on a coffee and the plug is not around?
In case you should be aware of the average span of battery life that your laptop has.
The type of laptop that you have:
- To know about your laptop’s average battery span while working, you should know the type and model you are bringing.
- As most new generation laptops have a battery life of about 4 to 6 hours, the first ones have relatively low battery timing.
- It does depend on the type of that laptop, i.e. If you have brought a new one, it will have a better battery span than the older one.
What are you using over your laptop?
- It does depend on the things you are playing on your laptop. Suppose you are playing a video, browsing, or doing some office work. In that case, your computer can work for more than 4 hours if it’s a new one with a good battery condition.
- However, suppose you are playing games or using heavy software for graphic designing. In that case, you have to put your laptop on charge after 1 or 2 hours.
- If you are using more than one software at a time, this will also drain a lot of your laptop’s battery.
- If it is connected to a WIFI rather than a LAN cable access, it will also consume a lot of battery.
- Moreover, laptops with larger screens have poor battery timing.
For making sure that your laptop must work for longer hours and the battery should stay for a long while, keep in mind the following things.
- Don’t use your laptop excessively. Please don’t use it without a purpose.
- Keeping the brightness low can make your laptop work for more hours than usual.
- Trying different battery plans like advance, balanced, and power saver can make your laptop perform better.
- Please don’t use the software over your laptop for which it is not designed. It would be best if you played games over a computer that is for gaming and vice versa.
- Get a laptop with a larger mAh battery. The larger it will, the longer it will stay.
How does a laptop battery last- until it’s dead.
Now you have a severe problem regarding your laptop’s battery life. I.e., its timing is less than an hour. It does show the percentage for more extended hours but does not perform like that, or there might be a complicated issue regarding your laptop battery.
So what will you do?
First, let’s find how it happens and then know a solution.
- Most of the laptops have a battery life of up to 4 to 5 years. After that, it will start losing its power and will begin increasing your worries.
- The laptops whose battery lasts for 2 to 4 hours have 1000 times charge capacity. After that, no matter what, your laptop’s battery life will start reducing its average working capacity. It will take 1 to 2 hours.
- If you are using your laptop as a PC and it is always plugged in, you reduce your laptop’s battery life span.
Suppose you are using a laptop whose battery is made up of material other than Lithium. Then it may start decomposing soon.
For making sure that your laptop’s battery must keep working for a more extended period, you should keep in mind the following things.
- Get a laptop whose battery is made up of Lithium. It works for a longer time.
- Try to charge your laptop at a relative scale. If you want your laptop’s battery to stay for a larger span, assign it to 80 to 85% but not the actual 100%. It will increase its duration. Moreover, not let it plug in always.
- If you can’t buy a new battery, consider this essential and don’t use your laptop without a definite purpose.
- Try to charge your laptop only after it’s below 10%. It will increase its life. Because the more you charge, the more its cycles get complete.
I hope now you have cleared how long does a laptop battery lasts, which has helped you a lot in this regard. If you apply the recommended precautions, then your laptop’s battery will last for a more extended period.
Moreover, if it’s not performing well, replace it or buy a new laptop with better battery life and timing. So, let’s see you till the next idea. Good luck.
You may interesting: