Hey great people, it’s Edward here. Today I will teach you how to connect computer to smart tv wirelessly. If it bothers you having your favorite shows, movies, or your work on a smaller display, believe me, you can have it on a cinema view.
But what does it require?
Simply put, a smart Tv with a Chromecast, Miracast, or Roku built-in or already installed on it. The good news is, many smart TVs (not including the Apple TVs) these days are coming with these apps and features that make them more versatile.
However, if they don’t have these features but do have the ability to connect wirelessly, you can use devices like Chromecast or Roku for having a wireless connection of your laptop to the TV.
Moreover, make sure that you are using the latest version of Windows 10 on your computer or laptop. The connecting process is too easy to understand and follow. So, as you’ve made an effort to reach this page, give it a read and I will make sure that you can make your day.
So, gear up your tools, and let’s begin.
In this article
How to connect computer to smart tv wirelessly or using Chromecast or Chromebook
When it comes to having online classes, managing your daily work, streaming your favorite TV shows and whatever you prefer, there is no best way rather than connecting your laptop to a TV with a bigger view. Because the experience will be more realistic. More or less, there is no better option than using Chromecast for connecting a laptop to a TV without wires. For this, you will have to follow some simple steps which are given as.
- First of all, turn on your TV that has a Chromecast built-in feature. However, if it doesn’t have one, make sure that you have connected it with your laptop by using a stand-able Chromecast device. You can get this device from here. If there is a connection between both, you can have the display of everything on your laptop on TV by using the Chrome app. Most of the websites or apps including YouTube, Netflix, HULU, Zoom, Google Meeting, or Facebook can be seen on a bigger display by this. Once you have done the first step, the next thing to do is connect your laptop and TV to the same WIFI network that you are using at your house.
- Now open the google chrome app, and click on the three dots that are given in the top right corner. There you will see an option of Cast. Click on it.
- This option will let you cast your streaming sites including YouTube. Also, there comes an option of sharing the whole screen. There is also an option for casting only video or music files. So, you can choose your preferred one.
- The next thing to do is to select the cast on the smart TV option and you are all set. Now whatever is happening on your laptop is also happening on your smart TV. So, best of luck with that as don’t go for some nerdy stuff if you are with a family, get it? However, if you want to stop it, you need to click on the three dots again then click on the stop casting option. There you go.
How to connect your laptop to your TV wirelessly by using Miracast
Miracast is one of the most used apps or you can say a feature in most of the modern TVs for connecting and sharing your Laptop’s screen on the TV. For this, make sure your laptop has the latest version of Windows 10, 8, or 8.1 for using this versatility. But as you might be waiting for the process, let’s begin.
Turn on the button of your TV that has a built-in Miracast feature (if it doesn’t have, prefer using a portable Miracast enabling device such as Roku for having a fast connection) and this will allow you to connect your laptop (enabled with Miracast option) to it. As far as there are many versions out there, you can also recognize this feature with named mirroring or screen mirroring as well.
Now try to find the option of Miracast on your laptop by searching Connect in the windows search bar. You can see the two options available at your PC’s Window.
Either your laptop is ready to connect by Miracast.
Or your Laptop doesn’t support the Miracast option (in this case, you can prefer choosing a Miracast device Check Price Miracast device with an HDMI connector).
Again, the same procedure, have your TV and Laptop on the same WIFI device.
- Now click Windows key + P and you will have all projection options on the screen of your laptop
- Select extend option if you want to use your TV as an additional monitor
- Select the Duplicate option if you want to have your entire laptop’s screen on your TV but still wanna use your laptop
- Select PC screen only if you want to use your TV simply as a monitor
Now click on the “wireless display option” available below and you are all set. You’ll have your laptop’s screen fully showing and functioning on your TV.
In case if you wanna disconnect it, click on the disconnect option and there you go. So easy and simple to do.
How to connect your Apple laptop to your TV wirelessly by using Airplay
Now if the intentions go for connecting an Apple TV with your MacBook, make sure that your TV has an Airplay app. This will make you use your MacBook on your TV. Here is how you can do this.
- Make sure that your MacBook and Apple Tv are on the same device.
- Turn on your TV and enable the app.
- Now, at your MacBook, search any streaming site like YouTube or open the app.
- Look for the screen mirroring icon in the video playback options.
- Now you can select your Apple TV from here or either your Airplay enabled TV. Through this, you will easily be able to have access to the screen of your laptop on a bigger display.
Since there are no hard and fast rules for how to connect the computer to a smart TV wirelessly, you have to apply the exact method recommended for different kinds of OS including Windows, Chrome OS, or MacBook. Since there are many varieties of android TVs available in the market that will let you have every feature for connecting wirelessly so that you can have everything on your laptop, on your TV.
In the end, if you have more queries regarding this, feeling any kind of trouble in the connection process, or want to add something, please let me know through the comment section. So, take care of yourself until we come up with a new solution to another problem and stay blessed. Have a nice day.
- Read also: How To Upload Multiple Photos To Instagram From PC
- Related: How To Connect Ethernet Cable To Laptop In 3 Minutes