If you have encountered a problem with your laptop and you want to reset your laptop so it won’t error anymore, then you are in the right place!
Here we are going to discuss how to factory reset Samsung laptop. This article may also help you if Samsung laptop recovery is not working.
Before shedding some light on this question, we would like you to tell us when you need to restore your laptop to the factory setting.
This process has both pros and cons. As a matter of fact, this is a risk-taking procedure and you might lose your data and files in case you haven’t backed up your files.
Let’s first discuss when you need to reset your laptop.
In this article
Reasons Why You Need To Factory Reset You Samsung Laptop
There are several reasons for factory resetting your laptop but the most common causes are:
- Suppose you are looking to upgrade your laptop and want to buy a new one. Certainly, you want to sell your old laptop or there are possibilities that you passed your old one to your sibling. In both cases you want to clear your data so there will be enough storage for them and also your personal data won’t leak with anybody. Besides, after resting, your pc will work more effectively and efficiently.
- If you may experience some kind of bug or detect the virus in your laptop and anti-virus software is not successful in clearing the virus. Then you are not left with any option but factory resetting your laptop
- If your laptop is not working well such as running slow, crashing, freezing that may cause a severe problem for yourself then resetting your laptop, will come back in its original state.
- Sometimes we are short of space and our laptop is constantly demanding us some free space. Resetting your laptop will delete all the unnecessary items and it can be a hassle to have your laptop again the way you like it.
- Forgot your password to login to your Samsung laptop? Not a problem now. All you have to do is reset your laptop and you can recover it.
Here we are going to share the Top 3 methods on how to factory reset a Samsung desktop computer or laptop.
Read also: How to connect Nintendo switch to laptop 2021 complete guide.
How To Factory Reset Samsung Laptop By Using Hot Keys
- Press F4 several times.
- Now select computer factory reset.
- Click on start factory reset.
- When it appears click OK.
- Your PC is reset.
- When you see a message of PC reset, click OK.
- Finish setting up your PC.
Voila, you are done!
Don’t forget to make sure your PC reset correctly or not.
How To Factory Reset Samsung Laptop By Using Recovery Solution
- At first, press ESC.
- You see some recovery solution on the screen.
- Open recovery solution.
- Now there are three options Restore, Backup, System Software.
- Select restore.
- Now it has a sub-option and clicks on computer restore.
- Then click on the computer initial status.
- Click next.
- Now just be patient because your procedure has started and it will last for almost 30 minutes. During the process, your pc reboots multiple times.
- When it’s done and prompted to restart pc, select OK.
Congrats! Your pc has been reset successfully!
If you are still not able to reset your laptop the download Samsung Recovery Solution and follow from step 3.
Read also: How to fix a cracked laptop screen in 6 easy steps.
How To Factory Reset Samsung Laptop In Windows 7, 8.1, 10
- Click on the start and open setting.
- Select on update and security.
- You see recovery on the left sidebar, select.
- Then click on reset your PC.
- Here you see 2 options. Keep my files (this will save the date and remove all installed applications) Remove Everything (this will reset everything to default and remove all files).
- Select any of the two above options.
- Now a popup will show the confirmation to reset your Samsung laptop, click on the restart and wait a bit!
That’s all, you are done!
The above three methods are the most convenient ways to reset your Samsung laptop. We are hopeful that they will help you a lot. However, if you still face any kind of problem then make sure to download the Samsung recovery solution or visit their official website. and I’ll catch you in next post.
Read also: How to disable FN key in Lenovo IdeaPad