Having a bigger display on your laptop’s screen is very common these days. That’s why most people prefer connecting their laptops to a TV. But what if you are facing image distortion issues on your TV screen or maybe your image does not fit according to the TV display.
You could look for many solutions but all I would say is to take a chill pill and relax. Because today, I will tell you that if you are facing these issues then How to fit laptop screen to TV Windows 10. What did you just hear? Windows 10?
Yes of course it is, so make sure that you are using the latest version of Windows which is Windows 10, and doing this will be much easier.
In this article
How to connect a laptop to a TV?
There are no hard and fast rules for doing so as all you need is an HDMI cable. HDMI cable is the best solution for a laptop’s audio and video transmission on a bigger screen or TV. This could cost you some bucks but at least you will have a solution. However, as far as connecting a laptop to a TV using HDMI is concerned you can do this by following the below-given procedure.
- Take an HDMI cable and put its one end into the TV dedicated HDMI port.
- And another end into the Laptop’s USB type-C port or dedicated HDMI port which is available in most of the new generation laptops.
- Now after some systematic settings, you’ll have the display of your laptop on your TV screen.
Please make sure that you are using Windows 10, 8, or 8.1 for this purpose. Because it’s easier to have a proper connection and easy settings of display at these operating systems if you go for the connection process.
What problems might occur after connecting your laptop to the TV?
Well, it seems like you’ve done with the connection process. Most of the time, you will have no problems regarding display but sometimes, you may face some problems that are given as follows.
- You may see a distorted image.
- Or you may see an image not exactly fit to your TV screen size.
So, what do you need to do in both cases? The solution is simple and easy to follow.
How to fit laptop screen to TV Windows 10
Once you’ve done with an HDMI connection, now it is your turn to solve the problem that we mentioned above. In this case, you have to follow these guidelines.
- The first thing you need to confirm is the exact resolution of your TV. You may have an FHD TV with 1920 x 1080 resolution/pixels or an HD Tv with 1366 x 768 resolution/pixels. This information is usually written on TV’s user guide and anybody can know about it by just giving a simple read.
- The next thing you need to do is to set the display setting exactly according to your TV’s display. For this, go to the “setting” of your laptop, click on “Change PC” settings. Click on “PC and Devices” after this, the final point to click is the “Display“.
- Now set the resolution just according to your TV’s preference and you’ll have the full display of your laptop’s screen on your TV screen. So simple and easy.
Maybe this video can help you with better understating.
How to adjust screen position in Windows 10?
Steps to do:
- Click on the start button
- Go to the settings
- Then system
- Then display
- Here you can adjust the screen position by choosing the screen orientation option.
Adjusting your laptop’s display to your TV is so simple and easy as all you have to do is to connect your laptop to the TV with an HDMI port, find the exact resolution of your TV and then go to the display setting of your laptop if it needs a correction.
So, I hope that you’ve got complete knowledge about how to fit a laptop screen to tv Windows 10. Thanks for reading and attention, and please also let me know about your genuine reviews about the information provided here, or else you can ask for queries that you have in your mind.
Take care of yourself and see you very soon.