You could be a die-hard fan of gaming like offline as well as online. You may have played many games and faced many problems while playing them. But if your today’s question is to find out how to make Overwatch run better on laptop, then you have reached the right place.
Everyone knows that these days online gaming is a trend. However, in this trend, one of the most popular games, Overwatch is an online shooting game by Blizzard Entertainment that has captured heavy traffic towards it. The game’s graphics and specifications are so satisfactory and heavier that continuous gamers stick to it for long hours.
- Check out the Best Gaming Laptop For Overwatch 2
But face difficulty in playing it smoothly over your laptop, then in this article. I’ll help you make it run faster over your gaming laptop. We’ll look for certain factors and recommendations necessary for making it run faster over that specific laptop.
In this article
Where To Play Overwatch?
You can play it on any modern laptop, but the point is how efficiently it is running. The system you are using for it should be according to the game’s specifications, making the game run smoothly. For doing so, let me suggest to you some requirements that you should have on your laptop for running Overwatch.
|Operating System||Windows 10(64 bit), Windows 8 or 7 (min)|
|CPU||AMD Phenom II X3 or intel core i5|
|GPU||AMD Radeon HD 7950 or NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660 above|
|RAM||4GB (min) 6GB RAM|
|Storage||30GB available hard drive space|
|Internet||Broadband Internet connection|
|Resolution||1024 x 768 should be minimum display resolution|
Besides these requirements, here are some important things that you can do to make Overwatch run faster. These are described underneath.
Close Background Applications:
Many applications are running in the laptop’s background at a time without our heed. Just because the taskbar doesn’t show whether they are open or running, we remain unaware. While playing the game, make sure that all background applications are closed. Indeed, we don’t want the apps to deteriorate our gaming performance which we aren’t using.
- Close them by clicking the ^ sign on the right side of the taskbar.
- Disable all applications by right-clicking every icon and select ‘quit’.
It will help run the game more smoothly as the challenge becomes lighter, and there will be a lot of space.
Note: Don’t close any graphical program running in the background.
Update Graphics drivers:
To boost device performance, it is a vital step no matter which graphic card you are using. Keeping it UpToDate will always give your computer a benefit.
Usually, our laptops have an intel HD/UHD, AMD Radeon or Nvidia Graphics. If you are unaware of your device graphic card, then go to the laptop’s product specifications and check there. After that, visit the official website of the product and go to the ‘drivers’ section. Download the recent driver.
Optimize Internet Connection:
It is an obvious thing when the load on the internet connection escalates and the performance falls off. By following some tips, we can optimize our internet connection.
- There is a considerable misinterpretation about connecting with online games that we need an Mbps connection with wide bandwidth. Overwatch runs fine with a small Mbps connection.
- Applications like YouTube, Netflix, syncing from the cloud consume most of the bandwidth. Usage of these applications can result in an unwanted rise in latency and also lagging problems.
- Besides, a connection of more devices with the same network at the same time also leads to a reduction in bandwidth and, as a result, overwatch lags and doesn’t run efficiently.
When you feel the game is not running smoothly, make the mentioned above changes and see the performance difference.
Minimize Resolution and Game Quality:
To get smooth Overwatch run on any laptop, you need to compromise on some features like shadow detail, dynamic reflections, lightning and refraction quality, model and effect details, etc., because the game has extraordinary graphics.
- Go to settings and reduce every individual graphic quality to low.
- Reduce display resolution to 1280 x720 if you want 60FPS which is recommended for stable gameplay.
- Display mode should not be windowed or borderless windowed because the game runs faster in full-screen mode.
- Minimize render scale to 75%. Reduction in render scale makes the game more pixelated.
It is vital to remove viruses from your device to ensure a smooth Overwatch run—viruses like Malware, Adware, Spyware slowdown gaming performance. Install antivirus software on your laptop to remove such threats.
This software runs in the background, so make sure to disable it before playing Overwatch to deteriorate gameplay.
Slow performance and lagging exploit the gaming adventure regardless of how exciting the game might be. You should always pay heed to game requirements and integral aspects to have its best experience. Only then would you be able to make the Overwatch run better on your laptop.
Do all changes above-stated. These will enhance Overwatch running performance from 30-70%. I hope this will be quite helpful. If it does, please let us know in the comment section. Have a nice day.
- Why Do Laptop Charger Gets Hot
- How Much Space Does Sims 4 Take Up
- How Much Storage Does Roblox Take Up