How to record zoom meeting on laptop?
While everyone uses different modes of online learning in this era of pandemic and online learning. You might be facing many kinds of issues using ZOOM cloud meetings.
We are here to give you the best solutions to your problems. There might be several problems daily. Most instructors and students are asking about recording zoom meetings using a laptop.
So, if you are here with the same question or with some related queries, then congratulations! You are on the right platform. Hence, without wasting time, let’s move towards our main topic of today.
How to record zoom meeting on laptop/PC
So, three main cases and their descriptions are given below to record zoom meetings on a laptop or PC.
- How to record a zoom meeting on the laptop as a host
- To record Zoom meeting with the permission of the host
- If you are a participant but you want to record the meeting without the permission of the host
If you are the host:
If you are a host and you want to record the zoom meeting. Then follow the below given simple and easy steps. It is pretty easy to do things if you are the actual host. Therefore, you will be having no worries.
- Let’s start. Open the zoom app on your Window 10 using a laptop or PC.
- The zoom app’s extension will begin to be installed on your laptop.
- After the installation, open the app.
- If you don’t have an account, first sign up and create an account.
- If you already have an account, go for the sign-in.
- As you have logged in now, you have a button “create a new meeting or join a meeting,” click on that button.
- As you are a host, you have successfully created a meeting now. You will see a dashboard screen on which there will be many options at the bottom of the screen.
- In the middle of those options, there will be a “Record” option too.
- Click on the record button, and Hurrah, you are now successfully recording your whole meeting.
- There will be two options for pause and stop while recording. You can easily pause or stop the meeting whenever you want.
- You can save that recording anywhere and upload that recording on the drive too.
So, as a host, you are now able to record your zoom meetings. Let’s move towards the solution of our next case. However, the same things will be applied to your android mobile. But you will see a little bit of difference in the menu of the zoom app on a mobile phone.
By permission of the host:
If you are a participant and you want to record the zoom meeting. Then you can do so just by accessing permission from the host. The host will enable the local recording option, and then you will record the meeting.
However, let me clear you the method of recording the meeting after the permission of the host. As the host has now enabled the local meeting option, you need to open your window on your PC or laptop and log in to your zoom account.
Now, click on the join meeting button, and a dashboard screen pops up. You can record the meeting now by clicking the recording button given at the bottom of the screen.
But, always REMEMBER that your host will see which of the students are recording the meeting!
And yes! We are done with the solution to the second case. And as a participant, you can now record your zoom meetings with no worries.
Without the permission of the host
There is a misunderstanding among people that it could not be possible to record the zoom meeting without the host’s permission. As you know well, the latest technology has made our lives easier and faster. Therefore, several ways are invented to record the zoom meetings without the permission of the host.
There are many tools available that allow users to record the meeting.
Some of the good and free to use tools are listed below for your convenience:
With this software, you can record the whole screen. Also, just audio, video, both audio or video, and whatever you want. It’s among the best soft wares and easy to use.
Tune Fab Screen Recorder:
You can download this for free, and it’s easy to use. You are now able to record your zoom meeting without the permission of the host.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can we record the zoom meetings on mobile?
Yes, you can do so by just following the same steps as given above for PC/laptops. You can record your meetings on mobile by just clicking the record button, and that’s it.
Can I change the default recording locations for local recordings?
Yes, you can do so by clicking the client’s setting from your zoom profile. From there, you will be able to change the default location of your recordings.
How to record zoom meetings on Chromebook?
Chromebooks provide Zoom PWA from Google PlayStore. You can easily install it from there and then log in on it or create an account. However, the functionality is the same as if you are going to record a meeting by using the zoom on your Chromebook.
I hope that after reading this short article, you’ve completely known to record zoom meeting on laptop or PC. The process is pretty simple and much easier than a host, a participant, or using any third-party software. You can apply any method described above and easily record your important lectures or meetings using the Zoom app.
So, this was all for today. Let’s see you soon on another great topic. Until then, take much care of yourself, stay home, stay safe. Have a good day.