Have you missed your favourite TV show as you were busy preparing for your exams? And now you got some time to watch that show on your laptop, but what! It doesn’t look that charming to watch your favourite show with the low sound of a laptop and tiny screen.
Now you are looking forward to some ways for how to stream from laptop to tv. Is it? If yes, then Bravo!! You are in the right place.
Maybe you are here with your parent’s wedding video on your laptop, and now it’s a family gathering, so you want to enjoy it with your family. Butt!! You don’t know how to stream your laptop on tv. We are here to help you out in this regard, don’t worry. Just stick with this article till the end, and you will surely get the solution to all your problems.
After going through this article, I assure you that you will be able to stream your laptop on time with wires or wirelessly. However, we will provide you with the best of the solutions not only for this but all the related queries though.
Let’s move towards the solutions of our queries:
Though there are many ways to stream a laptop on TV, you must pick the one that would be suitable for you.
How to stream from laptop to tv using Windows 10 built-in tool?
This is the fastest and the easiest way to broadcast a laptop on the big TV screen. By this method, you will be able not only to stream videos but also you will be able to stream everything displayed on your laptop screen to TV. You just have to follow the easy directions given below:
- Turn on your laptop and click the Action Center.
- Press the option “project.”
- Search for the Mirroring mode from there.
- From the mirroring mode, search for the name of your TV that will suddenly pop up there.
- Click Connect
You have successfully streamed your laptop on TV. Go and watch your favourite show without wasting a minute.
Stream from laptop to TV wirelessly using Let’s view tool:
Here’s the best and free helpful tool to stream a laptop on TV. This tool will be available quickly. Further, by using this, your screen quality will remain perfect till the end.
Here is the complete guide for how to use let’s view tool:
- Open your chrome and download the app compatible with your laptop and TV.
- Start the app on your TV as well as on your laptop.
- Click the “computer screen mirroring” from the interface of the “let’s view” tool.
- Now it’s time to enter the pin code that pops up on your TV screen for mirroring your laptop on TV.
- And YESS!! You are done with it.
After following the above-explained steps, I assure you that you will be able to stream your laptop on TV without having any wire or any other equipment. If you have failed to do that, don’t worry, we will give you even better solutions to your needs. Just stay with us!
Stream from laptop to TV wirelessly using a WIFI connection:
This process is for people who have a portable WIFI connection. Here is the step-by-step guideline to stream laptop to TV wirelessly.
- Open the Wi-Fi setting from your laptop.
- Press the Start Menu.
- Find a settings option there, or just press windows Key+I from your keyboard to go to settings.
- Press “devices”. From there, look for your device under the Audio or Other devices lists.
- You will see your all available devices there to which you can connect.
—Further, when the TV will be connected, it will display a windows icon in the extended mode.
—To access the Project screen, press Windows Key+P from your keyboard.
—Finally, go for the option “duplicate”. This will view your laptop’s screen to TV for sure.
After going through these, I hope you have streamed your laptop on TV by using a stable WIFI connection. If you don’t, no need to panic as we will provide you with the answer and solution to your every kind of query.
Stream from laptop to TV using HDMI cable:
This method will be referred to the people who have an internet issue at home. Here is the best with wire method and easy to follow. You will surely successfully stream your laptop on TV by using HDMI (High Reference Multimedia Interface).
Remember that standard HDMI cables can handle 720p and 1080p signals. They may be able to support 1080p and 4K resolution. The users who want to connect their laptop to the TV will be preferred to use this cable.
Here are the simple steps to follow:
- First, shut down your laptop.
- Shut down your TV too.
- Ok, now, connect one side of the cable to your laptop and the other side to your TV.
- Now, turn on your TV and look for the option “HDMI” source.
- Switch on the laptop and connect it to your TV.
- Your laptop has connected to the TV.
- If not, follow the steps given below that will surely lead you to the connection.
- Open the “control panel”.
- Click display and press “adjust resolution”.
- Select “TV” from there.
- BOOM!! You have done.
If you followed these steps, I could guarantee you can stream anything from your laptop to TV using an HDMI cable.
Stream from laptop to TV using chrome cast:
It is recommended to use 5Ghz router wireless for chrome cast. Its quality will depend on the bandwidth of the WIFI connection.
Chrome cast is an easily portable device, just like a USB device and connects to a TV or laptop. It should be plugged into an AC wall socket. Once plugged, it will pop up as WIFI and connect it simply.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I stream my laptop to TV by using any software?
So the answer is definitely yes, you can stream your laptop to TV by using PLEX software. You don’t need any additional kind of software, but Windows, Linux, and some other operating systems have built-in DLNA server features.
I don’t have a smart TV, how can I stream my PC to TV?
You can stream it simply by using an HDMI cable. Just make sure your TV and PC should have an HDMI exit. In this way, you can view all the things on your TV, viewed on PC.
I hope this article has covered all the queries related to “how to stream laptop to TV”. I assure you that you will meet your desired needs after going through these, but if you don’t understand anything or are still confused about anything, don’t hesitate to ask, dude!
Stay happy and keep progressing! Have fun!