Gaming is a passion for those who are confident to play games on various platforms such as PC, PlayStation, and especially Xbox. I know you might have known about Xbox 360, and you have used it a lot, but if this question hits you, how to use a laptop as a monitor for Xbox 360 or any other console, then don’t worry and take a deep breath because you are at the suitable spot.
Xbox 360, developed by Microsoft, is a video game console that makes everyone its fan and is now being used as entertainment. Well, it is a fantastic device. To play games or watch it, you need an expensive HDTV, and everyone can’t afford that. But here’s the good news. You can use your laptop too as a monitor for Xbox 360.
Wait! I’m here to apprise you.
In this article
How To Use A Laptop As A Monitor For Xbox 360?
It’s not that difficult. Here are a few steps which I’m going to tell you extensively.
Connect Xbox to laptop with HDMI:
Using a laptop as a monitor for Xbox 360, an easy way to connect it is using an HDMI cable. Most of the laptops and Xboxes include HDMI cables, so you don’t need to buy them separately. Let’s see how it goes.
- To connect the two, you have to assemble your gadgets first. An Xbox 360 or any other console, HDMI cable, and a laptop with HDMI input are all you need. A laptop that you will connect must have an Input connection in it. Otherwise, you will not be able to connect them both by using an HDMI cable.
- Now detect the HDMI input and output. Your Xbox 360 is the output source that transfers data to the HDMI input source. The connectivity of two devices by this method is determined by the presence of an HDMI input port on your laptop.
- After detecting HDMI input, you just need to connect Xbox with the laptop via HDMI cable. Simply turn off your Xbox and make sure to close all the programs running on the laptop. Then plug one end of the HDMI cable into Xbox and the other into the laptop’s HDMI input port. Turn on Xbox. The laptop will instinctively recognize the input. Go to laptop display settings and switch to Xbox display. Finally, set up the desired resolution.
In this way, you will be able to play Xbox 360 on your laptop with HDMI. I know your problem is still there either you have a laptop that doesn’t come with an HDMI input port, or you don’t have an HDMI cable. You need not worry about it.
Just keep reading. I’m going to tell you how to connect both devices wirelessly.
Connect Xbox to a laptop without HDMI:
Till now, you might be worried about how to use a laptop, as a monitor for Xbox 360, that has no HDMI input port. So, here are some easy ways to cope with it.
- Ethernet connection:
It is a modern technology used to connect two devices in a wired LAN or WAN. To connect Xbox with a laptop wirelessly, an ethernet connection is required. But for this, your laptop must have a Wi-Fi connection and windows 10 installed in it.
- First, log in to your Xbox Live account on your laptop, and if you don’t have an account, sign in by creating a new account.
- Turn your Xbox on, and you will see on your laptop screen a connection button on the left bottom. Click that button, and you will see both devices connected to the same network. Now you can run video source from Xbox 360 on a laptop using it as a monitor.
- Xbox app:
It’s not a big deal. Just download the Xbox app on a Windows 10 laptop. Go to the laptop setting and allow other devices for game streaming. On the app home page, on the left side, you will see the connect button. Click that and select your console from the list, and tap to connect. Now you can see Xbox displays on your laptop screen.
By using this app, you will be able to play Xbox on a laptop wirelessly. Make sure the laptop which you are connecting with Xbox has windows 10 installed in it.
If you are using a laptop that doesn’t have an HDMI input port, it’s not like you cannot play Xbox on a laptop. You can use a USB HDMI adapter to fix it. No doubt, by using a video capture card, there might be some lagging problems, and results will not be satisfactory, but to some extent, it is helpful.
These techniques work not only to connect Xbox 360 to a laptop but also for any other video game console like Xbox one. This query information on using a laptop as a monitor for Xbox 360 will profitably help you.
I hope you enjoyed this article. See you soon with some more informative content.
Have a good day!