Fellows, I am presenting this article after meeting a serious incident. Last week my younger sister broke the power button of the laptop. I was having my final exam on that day and it was heartbreaking for me. I need my laptop on as soon as possible.
I took it to the laptop repairer but all the shops were closed due to early morning. I have no choice other than to search for “How to turn on laptop without a power button”. Therefore, I came back home with a heavy heart and began to search for solutions.
And YAHOO! Finally, I found many ways to turn on my laptop without a power button. I applied them and BOOM! My laptop turned on successfully and my exam went well too.
I know sometimes your laptop’s power button stops working and many times you have to do some important stuff. So, I decided to share the best of my all researches and knowledge on this topic to help you in case your laptop’s power button stops working.
This article will contain a piece of deep information and step-by-step guidance on how to turn on a laptop without a power button and all other related issues.
In this article
- 1 How To Turn On Laptop Without a Power Button?
- 2 Frequently Asked Questions
- 3 Conclusion
How To Turn On Laptop Without a Power Button?
Although there are so many ways to switch on the laptop without a power button we will provide you the best among them. The methods we will discuss here will be easy and free of cost.
This is the biggest way to turn on a laptop without a power button. This is easy and compatible. You just needed to stay focused.
- First, you need to access the BIOS setting, for this purpose press F2 to get into the BIOS.
- If your laptop is on, access the BIOS setting by following the given steps.
- Click the start menu and open the settings option from there.
- Go for the option “update and security” from there.
- Search for the “recovery” option there and press ok.
- A tab with two portions will pop up.
- Click Restart Now.
- Moving on choose the “troubleshoot” option.
- Access the Advanced options and press the option “power management”.
- After that press Enter.
- From there look for a setting like “power on by keyboard” or something relatable to this.
- Select the – or + key to enable the option.
- Now, press the F10 key to save and exit.
You have successfully done with the method. Now, It’s time to check whether the preferred keys are working perfectly or not.
Turn off your laptop and try to power it on with the preferred key. You will get your desired result for sure.
Although the first method is the best to turn on the laptop without a power button. But, if you failed to meet your solution by following the above method, go for this one. You will surely get a positive result.
- First of all, you have to access BIOS settings.
- Open the Power management option and press enter.
- Look for the “power on LAN” option and press ok to enable it.
- Now, open the device manager by right-clicking the start menu or just press Windows+X from your beloved keyboard.
- To access the network card, click on the network adapter setting, open your network card and click ok.
- Go to the power management tab and check if WON is enabled. If not, first enable it.
- Finally, connect the LAN wire with your laptop after switching it off and the laptop will turn on without using the power button.
Above is the step-by-step guide to turning on a laptop without using the power button. Just stay relaxed and meet your solution.
Turning on MAC without using the power button is as possible as turning on windows without a power button. MAC has a built-in virtual network computing also called screen-sharing.
To achieve this process, first screen sharing should be activated on your laptop. You need two laptops for this purpose. Active the MAC screen sharing feature from both of the laptops so that it will establish a server connection between two laptops.
By doing this, the admin’s laptop will be shown to the other controller’s laptop and the controller’s laptop is used to control the admin’s laptop. Simply navigate it. While there, you can turn on or off the host computer. Simply put a restart command with the code “sudo shutdown -r now” and the host computer will be turned on.
In case, your laptop’s power button is not working well or either it would have defaulted and you need to change it then obviously you can install a new power button for your laptop. You just need to follow some simple side steps given below for your convenience:
- It is necessary to pull out the battery panel as well as the AC adapter.
- Check out the hard drive and remove it.
- Remove the RAM too.
- Pick out the keypads and remove the keyboard blizzard.
- Search for the power switch. Also, remove the old switch and place the new one in place of the old switch.
- Finally, you have inserted a new power button successfully.
Put all the things back which you have removed first. Restart your laptop and it will surely work amazingly. HAH!! Thanks, me later dude!
Frequently Asked Questions
What does this mean when my laptop is not turning on?
This means that your laptop might be facing some kind of hardware problem. Maybe there is some kind of error with your power supply so first check your battery and power sources then look for your hardware problems.
- Open the Power Options.
- Choose the suitable function of the power button.
- Under Power button settings, tap the setting bar, choose an option (e.g. Hibernate, Shutdown, or Turn off the display).
- Press save changes.
Yes, By default, the power button is always disabled on the laptop. Therefore, the user or admin should take preventive measures while enabling it.
I hope after reading this article you have successfully resolved your issues related to the power button of the laptop. If you still have any query feel free to ask anytime by commenting below.
This article has covered how to turn on the laptop without a power button and all the other related problems. Give a deep read to this article to meet your solution.
Take care of yourself and your family! Have fun!